Dixons Unity Academy
Swallow Hill will become Dixons Unity Academy from 1 September 2018. As a Trust, we are excited to welcome the academy into the group as our 11th Dixons school.
At Swallow Hill, students contribute to the community in many ways; from forging links with Armley Helping Hands, a charity that supports the elderly and vulnerable, to meeting local councillors to tackle issues that affect the wider community. We are passionate about not only providing an excellent education for our students, but also encouraging them to be the best people they can be in and outside of school.
We look forward to building on the school’s achievements, coupling this with Dixons’ national reputation for excellence so that we can deliver the best educational outcomes for the school and whole community.
We have Year 7 places available for September 2018.
Dixons has a national reputation for excellence, managing 10 schools in Bradford and Leeds:
- we have a high rate of success turning around poor performing schools
- we developed the first secondary free school to receive an Ofsted Outstanding rating in all areas
- we rank in the top 5 multi-academy trusts nationally
- our academies rank highly for Progress 8, with Dixons Trinity Academy placing 8th nationally
- out academies are some of the most oversubscribed schools in the country
- many of our academies have 100% parent and student satisfaction rate